Fluval Evo Upgrade: Sicce Synrca alternative? Or this the best pump?

saltylilthang

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1fd939e3-74e6-4f49-95cf-4815bfdd49e6.jpg

I purchased a used fluval evo as a little project that already came with an updated pump (Sicce Syncra 1.0 I believe) but I HATE it. It's noisy and I can hear it across the house. What pump is recommended for this sized compartment? Already a pain to put it in the back so anything smaller and stronger would be greatly appreciated! I do not have the original pump as it went dead when I went to check this tank out. New to saltwater and want to set my tank up for success!

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it vibrating against something? Normally these pumps are quiet. I had one in my evo and use one for my reactor.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe these

OP
OP
saltylilthang

saltylilthang

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe these

Thank you!!

OP
OP
saltylilthang

saltylilthang

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added one more (AI's DC version of the skinny pump).
Thank you I am going to look into all these! Would be nice to have a smaller pump since not even a heater wants to fix in the back (hoping to do chaeto in the second top with media and the third will have aquarium filter pads/media/chemipure)

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you I am going to look into all these! Would be nice to have a smaller pump since not even a heater wants to fix in the back (hoping to do chaeto in the second top with media and the third will have aquarium filter pads/media/chemipure)
TBH I would not put a heater in the pump section as it risks the heater running dry unless you have a heater that auto shuts off when exposed.

OP
OP
saltylilthang

saltylilthang

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TBH I would not put a heater in the pump section as it risks the heater running dry unless you have a heater that auto shuts off when exposed.
Would I have a better chance of putting it in the middle section with future chaeto? I will be running a grow light for a few hours a day as well (on the outside). Sorry super new to this I want to do it all right!

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would I have a better chance of putting it in the middle section with future chaeto? I will be running a grow light for a few hours a day as well (on the outside). Sorry super new to this I want to do it all right!

I think that might be a better idea potentially. I don't think it would be an issue, especially if its a small/slim heater.

OP
OP
saltylilthang

saltylilthang

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that might be a better idea potentially. I don't think it would be an issue, especially if its a small/slim heater.
Okay, I will probably remove the middle intank. I also did upgrade to a different pump, although it was just a Rio pump since my LFS did not have anything else small enough with enough GPH (Rio is 200GPH). Thank you!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 13.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 96 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.6%
Back