Best Pump for Lifereef Skimmer SVS3-24

peterjune8

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 7, 2020
Messages
8
Reaction score
1
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I recently acquired an SVS3-24 skimmer and had questions about the best pump to use with it. I see a lot of people with the Mag 9.5, but it seems like that's quite a noisy pump. Anyone have any experience using other pumps with their lifereef skimmers that are quieter? Anything else I should be considering here?

Thanks!
 
I run a jebao 15k on my 60” lifereef and it pulls out the nice dark gunk. I want to say I read people using a jebao 8k for some of the smaller skimmers.
 
For quiet and energy efficient AC pumps, I’d go with the Sicce ADV 7.0 or Fluval SP4. For a DC controllable pump, anything from a Jebao DCP8000, VarioS-8, COR20 or Vectra M2 will serve you well. Upon an upgrade of tanks or a bigger sump for my current tank, my SVS2-24 is ready to go with the Sicce ADV 7.0.

847E093F-C990-401E-86E4-75FB4462E3DB.jpeg
 
Thanks for the advice everyone. Will be looking into those options!
 
On their site it recommends at-least 600GPH. Have you all found these estimates are usually too low for what is needed in a pump in these skimmers?
 
anyone who runs the 24” models with adv7 like the combo? After more than 5 years my mag9.5 needs to be replaced.

It’s double the flow rate of the mag9.5.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 15.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new