Best pump for water changing and mixing

fishski13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I am looking for a pump that would make water changes and mixing water easier. Right now, I use a regular siphon with hose and mix water by hand. I was wondering what the best pump is to pump water out of the tank and back into the tank? Maybe even mix my water for me. If you guys could let me know that would be appreciated.

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use cheap chinese pumps in my mixing station. a cheap $13 SunSun 300gph power head for continuous mixing and another cheap $25 VivoSun 800gph transfer pump for pumping SW from the mixing station into my tanks. I don't worry about them and can replace both pumps if necessary for under $40. Plug them into a smart power strip and I can turn them on/off via voice command via alexa. or just hit the button to turn them on/off.

its cheap and works for me.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just use cheap sunsun pumps, or any spare pump lying around. (its a good idea to have a spare pump handy anyway)

Kactai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No issues using the vivosun pump for auto water changes? It’s not mentioned as rated for saltwater anywhere… my ATO reservoir is down a half floor and so is my mixing station so maybe 6ft head needed. Was thinking two vivosun 800 gph would be perfect. Nice and inexpensive.

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I am looking for a pump that would make water changes and mixing water easier. Right now, I use a regular siphon with hose and mix water by hand. I was wondering what the best pump is to pump water out of the tank and back into the tank? Maybe even mix my water for me. If you guys could let me know that would be appreciated.
I use my spare return pump. Sicce SIlent.

bacc2bacc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   1
I had a spare pump from a biocube 29 I bought many years ago and I use it as a mixing pump now. Works great and didn’t cost me much.

Back