Best reef glue

kemble9

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm having trouble keeping my frags on my plugs.. using seachem reef glue. Any other glue thats recommended? Am I possibly doing it wrong? I've tried gluing then putting together in water as well as out of the water.

Coral Your World

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm having trouble keeping my frags on my plugs.. using seachem reef glue. Any other glue thats recommended? Am I possibly doing it wrong? I've tried gluing then putting together in water as well as out of the water.
I use the seachem reef glue without any issue. It isn’t very fast drying though so takes patience. Would suggest trying a quick-set, like the one here, to be used only out of the water (obviously).

Acropora52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the combo of any epoxy (I use water weld and instant ocean myself) and the glue masters thick glue (1500 viscosity). Use a drop off glue to attach the epoxy to frag and then a generous portion of glue to attach epoxy to rock.

Udest

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah making sure there's a good surface like the epoxy will make gluing easier I use the gel loctite and it doesn't cause any issues.

Schraufabagel

aka Schrauf_den
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Bulk Reef Supply glue. Works well for a while. Long term, it's really hard to get off lol. Some of my frags that I decided against were tough to remove again

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
BSI is most used industry wide by suppliers. Ecotech just came out with one that sets underwater in 5 seconds and cures in 1 minute

WheatToast

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used this stuff on my macroalgae in the past:

It solidifies pretty quickly underwater (faster than in contact with air), though an object being secured with this glue should be held in place for about 30 seconds after initial attachment.

Reefer5640

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use gorilla glue, seachem, ICP, any gel. what type of coral are you fragging? I’ll usually take a paper towel and dab the coral base to soak up the water and slime. Then put a big enough dab of glue on the plug that the glue comes out around the edges of the base a little. Then put the coral on the glue and let it set for a sec. Then I’ll dip the coral in a bowl of tank water to setup the glue. Then transfer back to tank. I’ve found for any hard skeleton frags, putting a flat surface on the base with a band saw or dremel gives them more stability. That works for me. I know for sure there are stronger ways to go about it. But I rarely have a coral come off the plug unless I rush it or try to break it off. I’ve seen some videos on YouTube of guys that use epoxy and glue together. Looks like those frags are never coming off the plug with that method.

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dollar Tree Super Glue Gel 3pk = $1.00

GLUING TECHNIQUE: Have a small amount of tank water on hand and an eyedropper. Use the super glue gel but keep what you glued out of the tank for 15mins for glue to "setup". Inside those 15mins keep the corals wet by putting droplets of tank water on them with the eyedropper

OP
OP
kemble9

kemble9

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the replies. I assume I just haven't been letting them set up long enough.. the glue sticks to my hands in seconds lol Thanks for the tips

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back