Best reef ready tank

harthag12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there any fish shows coming near you that the dealers maybe at? Before I purchased my tank I went to Reef-a-palooza NJ just to look at tank brands, Waterbox was there, Elos, Red Sea, it really helped seeing them in person, talking to the vendors ect. Only issue I ran into was there were no wrong choices, they all looked great.

OP
OP
Michael Darling

Michael Darling

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sounds so fun. I will see if anything comes around in my neck of the woods. May involve some travel.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
as far as red sea goes I went with there biggest 750XXL (200 total system volume )if I was to do it again I would really look in to planet aquariums just watched a YT vid and the tanks and stand was amazing. might be worth doing some research on them .

'I personally like the 125 VS the 120. the 125 is 6' long vs 4. but if your going 6' might as well do the 180 @ 6x2x2.
take a few weeks and really think what fish you want to keep and how much you are willing to spend the space you are going to put the aquarium in the house and see what fits all 3.

OP
OP
Michael Darling

Michael Darling

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My personality is to buy new as opposed to used. You may save some money but I’d rather not have to deal with people and there used stuff unless a close friend. I just don’t care to deal with the unknown and get burned.

OP
OP
Michael Darling

Michael Darling

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, nice gift for your dad. Sorry for your loss. I bet he was in heaven with the tank though.

Hitman

Reefing One Day @ A Time!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He also to me a 4' star that's above the front door outside that says we don't dial 911 lol gotta love living in the south and out in the country!

Back