Best ro/di system

acropora4u

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s the best ro/di system in the business ? Water here in NC Has lots of Chloramines ( from chlorine I guess ) and other metals and such. What’s the best system in the business to get the cleanest ro/di water ??

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d probably opt for the 5 stage which has dual carbon blocks for the chloramines.

BRS sells them along with other types of systems. I’d buy from them if I was in the market for a new RO/DI unit.

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, I don’t think RO/DI units vary much from each other. The performance is dependent on the user (buying quality/correct filters, changing them on time, getting knowledgeable on the correct installation etc).

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s the best ro/di system in the business ? Water here in NC Has lots of Chloramines ( from chlorine I guess ) and other metals and such. What’s the best system in the business to get the cleanest ro/di water ??
I have 5 stage. It made 0 TDS for about a year. How bad is your local water?

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, I don’t think RO/DI units vary much from each other. The performance is dependent on the user (buying quality/correct filters, changing them on time, getting knowledgeable on the correct installation etc).
This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

after you replace the filters/membrane the first time then all units that take the standard size cartridges are essentially the same thing.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went with Spectrapure since they basically specialize in filtering water and are a big name. That way I could get their filters first go around. Not every filter is made the same. I tried the BRS stuff and it is good but the spectrapure stuff did a better job and lasted longer for me.

Filters specifically made for Chloramines are available from various venders.

Their labor day sale ends TODAY so I would do some shopping around tonight.

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This AquaMaxx 4 Stage RODI is what I have. 100gpd.
I paid like $80 for it on sale. I did end up adding adding a 5th stage later, in order to add a second carbon block.

As long as you get one that takes standard 10" x 2.5" filters, then they are all the same.
They are essentially industry standard housings, what filters and configuration you use is up to you.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 27.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.0%
Back