Best Roller system for 525 Reefer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Rob Rhodes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to put a Rollermat system in the sump of my Red Sea Reefer 525. I am having a hard time determining what would fit in the sum (hopefully without having to modify the sump). Any thoughts or actual experience would be appreciated. If you have pictures of your configuration would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Rob

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m using clarisea 5ooo on my 750. I did remove the sock holders and the first glass sheet. As I didn’t want the plumbing changed I use a DC pump to feed the filter.

I’m not very handy, but cutting out the sock holders took 15min. Unless you just put a pump to feed the rollermat above the sock holders I doubt you can fit any currently available rollermat without some modifications.

OP
OP
Rob Rhodes

Rob Rhodes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m using clarisea 5ooo on my 750. I did remove the sock holders and the first glass sheet. As I didn’t want the plumbing changed I use a DC pump to feed the filter.

I’m not very handy, but cutting out the sock holders took 15min. Unless you just put a pump to feed the rollermat above the sock holders I doubt you can fit any currently available rollermat without some modifications.
Great. Thanks for the info. Where is your DC pump placed?

OP
OP
Rob Rhodes

Rob Rhodes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Klir looks like a good option because it just drops in the filter sock spot. But it says it needs the sock holder to be able to hold 1.5 inches of water. The sump would hold that, but the sock holder is not that deep, so I don't know if that is sufficient.

GermanJosh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

what was the process for removing the sock area? what did you do first? what did you use?

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 18.0%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 162 66.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back