Best sand cleaners

I have a 100g 6 foot tank with about a 1.5 inch sand bed.
I would like to know everyones opinion on what I should use for best possible sand cleaning.
snails? stars? anything else?

I have a strawberry conch and a half dozen nassarius snails already.
Like a lot of people have said, sand sifting starfish and conchs. I have 3 of each in my 150 gallon. They do a great job
 
I have a 100g 6 foot tank with about a 1.5 inch sand bed.
I would like to know everyones opinion on what I should use for best possible sand cleaning.
snails? stars? anything else?

I have a strawberry conch and a half dozen nassarius snails already.
bumble bee snails, Trochus snails Nassarius snails bristle worms. I have not tried it but 3D a member here makes a hand held UV light to deal with dinos. Other than that I don't physically clean my sand. Its like stirring up a cesspool to me
 
Welcome, I would suggest a diamond goby to keep the sand clean.

animals being jerks diamond GIF
I loved mine until My Tang chased it out of the Tank
 
Orange Spot Goby will turn all your sand over. But re landscape your aquarium, so if you want a pretty 1inch sand layer not for you!
But great if you want to spend hours watching a busy an entertaining spectacle
 
Welcome!

My orange spotted Goby keeps my coarse sand bed pristine! Warning though he is quite the engineer and is constructing something similar to the Devils Tower on one side of my tank...
 
I have a 100g 6 foot tank with about a 1.5 inch sand bed.
I would like to know everyones opinion on what I should use for best possible sand cleaning.
snails? stars? anything else?

I have a strawberry conch and a half dozen nassarius snails already.
Welcome to the forums. For a fish I like a diamond goby, otherwise snails, I have a couple mexican turbos.
 
Welcome to R2R !!!

MR BEAN 2.jpg

Diamond Goby is a great sand cleaner. I had one and I call it THe Bulldozer. Please, dont put any corals on the sand because next day you have a sand mountain on top of the corals.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new