Best Scraper for acrylic?

Emoney

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive just set up a 34 gl custom frag tank..Im gonna need something to clean the glass with. Just wondering what you guys use..(acrylic is 1/4)..any ideas or help would be great! Ty Ed

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mr. clean magic erasers....or the white scouring pads work well... all the plastic scrapers like kents work well but when you drain your tank you will have some nasty scratches...

Supreme Reefs

Zoa Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this might be a stupid question but mr clean magic erasers can go straight into the tank?

gparr

Waterbox Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have glass, but have been using the Mr. Clean Magic Erasers exclusively several times a week for many, many months. They're completely safe. I haven't used them on acrylic, but see no reason no to. It's a great product. Get them cheap at Home Depot. Make sure you get the original/regular version.
Gary

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Magic erasers are made of tiny fibers that actually act like a fine grit of sandpaper "3000grit" range.... There is no chemicals in it, therefore yes it is safe to put inside your tank... I was scepitical for awhile but I kept trying it in my acrylic sump to see if it scratched or the animals showed any stress and all was well.... I use it all the time it works like a champ.... So for acrylic tanks like mine I use mr. Clean erasers inside and I use novus #1 on the outside with a soft cloth it keeps it looking new and takes the static out of the plastic so it don't attract dust...;).
Btw don't ever use any chemicals like windex etc. They cause damage to acrylic and will make it break down and start crazing "fine cracks" etc.... Any chemical that has a odor, pretty much causes harm....

Typhon

Force of Nature
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Magic Eraser.. works great on Acrylic tanks. Still have to use the plastic scraper for coraline algae, but does a number on the brown and green algae.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 33.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back