Best settings for hydra 64 HD

morrisDR

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I have two Hydra 64 HD lights for 2,5 years now. So far I am really happy with it in terms of coloration. I bought a purple clam that turned blue in 2 days with these lights. I also run a really high kh of 10.5 but corals are still looking great. There is only one problem. The growth! I was wondering what spectrum and light schedules you guys use.

My tank is a little under 100 gallons
Size: 125x40x40

Here is mine (the screenshot was from 2 years ago my reds and greens is now at 0% haven't changed anything since):
Screenshot_2023-10-17-16-40-47-95_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2023-10-17-16-40-51-81_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

legalizedreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is that I run on my reefer 350 (3x hydra 32)

IMG_2302.png

I absolutely love my color spectrum. It’s juuust blue enough to make colors pop with next to no washed out windex look. I like to be able to clearly see the natural colors of the fish so overly blue is a no no for me.

My coral coloration is great. Growth on all types of montipora is fantastic in my tank but I find growth rates of acros to be lacking.

I believe the Hydra’s aren’t great for coverage. To mitigate that I’ve got 2 Quanta Pro (reef crest daylight) arriving today.

Oh, forgot to mention run the 3dReefing diffusers on all my hydras. I think every Hydra owner should be. It eliminates disco ball effect and helps with the spread of the light a lot over stock configuration

OP
OP
M

morrisDR

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is that I run on my reefer 350 (3x hydra 32)

IMG_2302.png

I absolutely love my color spectrum. It’s juuust blue enough to make colors pop with next to no washed out windex look. I like to be able to clearly see the natural colors of the fish so overly blue is a no no for me.

My coral coloration is great. Growth on all types of montipora is fantastic in my tank but I find growth rates of acros to be lacking.

I believe the Hydra’s aren’t great for coverage. To mitigate that I’ve got 2 Quanta Pro (reef crest daylight) arriving today.

Oh, forgot to mention run the 3dReefing diffusers on all my hydras. I think every Hydra owner should be. It eliminates disco ball effect and helps with the spread of the light a lot over stock configuration
Nice Programm aswell. Can't afford some extra lights sadly so I will place across on the best spots possible

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 76 56.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back