Best settings for hydra 64 HD

  • Thread starter Thread starter morrisDR
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

morrisDR

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 20, 2022
Messages
161
Reaction score
53
Location
Netherlands
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I have two Hydra 64 HD lights for 2,5 years now. So far I am really happy with it in terms of coloration. I bought a purple clam that turned blue in 2 days with these lights. I also run a really high kh of 10.5 but corals are still looking great. There is only one problem. The growth! I was wondering what spectrum and light schedules you guys use.


My tank is a little under 100 gallons
Size: 125x40x40

Here is mine (the screenshot was from 2 years ago my reds and greens is now at 0% haven't changed anything since):
Screenshot_2023-10-17-16-40-47-95_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg


Screenshot_2023-10-17-16-40-51-81_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
 
This is that I run on my reefer 350 (3x hydra 32)

IMG_2302.png


I absolutely love my color spectrum. It’s juuust blue enough to make colors pop with next to no washed out windex look. I like to be able to clearly see the natural colors of the fish so overly blue is a no no for me.

My coral coloration is great. Growth on all types of montipora is fantastic in my tank but I find growth rates of acros to be lacking.

I believe the Hydra’s aren’t great for coverage. To mitigate that I’ve got 2 Quanta Pro (reef crest daylight) arriving today.

Oh, forgot to mention run the 3dReefing diffusers on all my hydras. I think every Hydra owner should be. It eliminates disco ball effect and helps with the spread of the light a lot over stock configuration
 
This is that I run on my reefer 350 (3x hydra 32)

IMG_2302.png


I absolutely love my color spectrum. It’s juuust blue enough to make colors pop with next to no washed out windex look. I like to be able to clearly see the natural colors of the fish so overly blue is a no no for me.

My coral coloration is great. Growth on all types of montipora is fantastic in my tank but I find growth rates of acros to be lacking.

I believe the Hydra’s aren’t great for coverage. To mitigate that I’ve got 2 Quanta Pro (reef crest daylight) arriving today.

Oh, forgot to mention run the 3dReefing diffusers on all my hydras. I think every Hydra owner should be. It eliminates disco ball effect and helps with the spread of the light a lot over stock configuration
Nice Programm aswell. Can't afford some extra lights sadly so I will place across on the best spots possible
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new