Best skimmer for a 55

Of course it all depends on your bio-load. I'm personally running the SCA-301 on my 40B/20L sump. I'm a mid to heavy feeder, both corals and 4 fish. Gotta say for the money this skimmer can not be beat. Won't hurt your wallet at all. Very quiet!
The SCA-302 would perfect if your looking for an in sump skimmer, in that price range.
 
What is the best skimmer for a 55 gallon reef for around $150. The skimz sn143 looks good anyone used them before?

Yes, I used one for a while on my 40g Z&P AIO tank. Wonderful skimmer and would work well for you, and I've ran ALOT of skimmers : )
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new