Best small Sump

Ls7corvete

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have recommendations for a small but high quality sump? I think the Trigger's smallest is a 26. I have a 57 gallon now with a 30" sump, and I hate it. No room for my ATO tank, no room for Kalk, nothing. From what I have been reading, most people have no problem keeping Nitrate/phosphate levels low, even with small sumps and AIO systems. How small can I get away with? Where can I find a high quality small sump.

I like this one best so far.

I hear good things about them, but I havent heard much about the sumps.

tricky_tran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
36" inch tank. I would like to get ATO and possibly a QT down there. I have considered a larger stand than my tank, just shopping I guess.
thats a lot to fit in a 36" space. During my window shopping, I inherited a 36 x 24 x 21 75 gal tank and a 47 x 24 x 16 Advanced Acrylic Sump. Ended up getting a custom Framing Tech stand 60 x 30 x 36 to fit the sump and future 170 Gal display. but the Geos Reef Sump was on top of my list. i looked at the Bashsea too..

Check out Advanced Acrylic, the one I got is really nice..
https://advancedacrylics.com/collections/sumps/products/cube-sump-with-refugium-4-sizes-available. this one is a 14"x14"x13"

OP
OP
L

Ls7corvete

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats a lot to fit in a 36" space. During my window shopping, I inherited a 36 x 24 x 21 75 gal tank and a 47 x 24 x 16 Advanced Acrylic Sump. Ended up getting a custom Framing Tech stand 60 x 30 x 36 to fit the sump and future 170 Gal display. but the Geos Reef Sump was on top of my list. i looked at the Bashsea too..

Check out Advanced Acrylic, the one I got is really nice..
https://advancedacrylics.com/collections/sumps/products/cube-sump-with-refugium-4-sizes-available. this one is a 14"x14"x13"
I do like that, I do not like the sock holder style though. I can live without probe holders and dosing line holders, I have the 3d printer for that.

tricky_tran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do like that, I do not like the sock holder style though. I can live without probe holders and dosing line holders, I have the 3d printer for that.
Advanced Acrylics has other models and do custom I believe. I really like the quality of the one i inherited..

there's this 17Gal one. https://advancedacrylics.com/collec...f-ref-cs107-16x16x15-17-gal-rimless-cube-sump

SliceGolfer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Fiji 24” sump beneath my 81g tank (36x24x22). I like that you can swap out the socks for a floss holder, and that the sump came with almost everything to get started. There are no o rings to hold the heater to the bracket, no big deal. I don’t use the probe holder as it requires 9”-10” of water in the skimmer compartment. There is no bubble trap so I need to work out how to prevent micro bubbles from getting back into the display. The lids are a nice touch.

I had purchased a 24” Geo sump during Black Friday last year when I was collecting parts for the build. I canceled my order 5 months later after not receiving the items and zero communication from the company.

tricky_tran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Fiji 24” sump beneath my 81g tank (36x24x22). I like that you can swap out the socks for a floss holder, and that the sump came with almost everything to get started. There are no o rings to hold the heater to the bracket, no big deal. I don’t use the probe holder as it requires 9”-10” of water in the skimmer compartment. There is no bubble trap so I need to work out how to prevent micro bubbles from getting back into the display. The lids are a nice touch.

I had purchased a 24” Geo sump during Black Friday last year when I was collecting parts for the build. I canceled my order 5 months later after not receiving the items and zero communication from the company.
from what i understand, Geo's is a one man show or very very small company and his stuff is very popular. sucks that happened to you.

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this little sump under a 29 gallon. It was the only ready made sump I could find to fit in the small cube cabinet.
2A694B92-0A55-4810-B712-584C394ED22A.jpeg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back