Best sps frag vendors

m88a2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude, just order a battle box and see for yourself how "overpriced" his corals are. Heck, just check out the page about them and be convinced. He helped me restock my tank after a crash and the pieces were of amazing quality and variety, not to mention easy on the wallet.

Last edited:

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Bad.. I was not aware I caught this thread in a heated debate:). I know all to well about Business life and Overhead all too well.. a hobbyist can sell frags for whatever he wants and consider it a profit. When you invest your time money into a aquaculture facility and spend time sourcing, 4-6 month quarantining, mortality, logistics, and the "Stress" and anxiety maintaining a fragile ecosystem,, this alone is the price premium charged.. This is IMO.

bif24701

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I feel the need to make another comment.

I have purchased packs of acros from several vendors associated with R2R. I have not found any "bad or poor" vendor.

With that said, the corals I received from Battlecorals are buy far the best for the following:
They began to encrust within days
All Acropora that no one has in my area, big + for me. I don't want the same corals everyone else has.

The corals are colorful and retain color.

Seem well adapted to aquarium life.

Frags where much larger than all other vendors.

Clean! I found no other organisms on the corals, before or after dip, QT and/or observations.

My experience with BC is A+!

I have also shopped WWC in store and though they are nice pieces I didn't not get the value or growth I have with BC acros.

m88a2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, I was initially hesitant about making purchases from vendors online after having read various horror stories. However, any doubts I had were dissolved once I read the feedback on Adam and his operation. I suggest finding a reputable vendor and read up on people's experience with them. If possible, find instances where something went wrong and see how they managed the situation. All my purchases from Battlecorals (my most recent being my 3rd) have all been way more than I expected and I think you'd be pleasantly surprised should you choose to do business with him.

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Honestly, I was initially hesitant about making purchases from vendors online after having read various horror stories. However, any doubts I had were dissolved once I read the feedback on Adam and his operation. I suggest finding a reputable vendor and read up on people's experience with them. If possible, find instances where something went wrong and see how they managed the situation. All my purchases from Battlecorals (my most recent being my 3rd) have all been way more than I expected and I think you'd be pleasantly surprised should you choose to do business with him.
Ok, I feel the need to make another comment.

I have purchased packs of acros from several vendors associated with R2R. I have not found any "bad or poor" vendor.

With that said, the corals I received from Battlecorals are buy far the best for the following:
They began to encrust within days
All Acropora that no one has in my area, big + for me. I don't want the same corals everyone else has.

The corals are colorful and retain color.

Seem well adapted to aquarium life.

Frags where much larger than all other vendors.

Clean! I found no other organisms on the corals, before or after dip, QT and/or observations.

My experience with BC is A+!

I have also shopped WWC in store and though they are nice pieces I didn't not get the value or growth I have with BC acros.

Very cool of you guys. Thanks a lot for the posts I know this really isn't a "feedback" thread but I really appreciate the comments and I'm glad you guys are happy with your boxes!

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every one of the vendors mentioned here are amazing but Adam from Battlecorals goes wayy out of his way to help you out.
Its not only the frags that are amazing and clean , but his communication and support is top notch . I get pre and post sale free consultations on any sps and advice what to do in case of emergencies !!
Its these qualities of Adam and personal support that makes him special ...

Regards,
Abhishek
@Abhishek to bad Battlecorals never have anything in stock.

Velcro

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Battlecorals has set the bar very, very high for me as far as other vendors go. There are a lot of popular vendors here that do wayyyy to much photoshop and charge way too much for laughable sized frags.

lakereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread has been really interesting. Can you get good deals deals and quality corals from other members? Unquestionably yes. Are you taking a bit of a risk buying from someone with a limited reputation? Yes, but everyone starts somewhere. Can you get deals from vendors? Of course, but you can't expect a large coral house to always sell at hobbyist pricing. Additionally, there is a usually an expectation of quality when buying from a vendor as they have a reputation to maintain. That's not to say you couldn't get the same quality from a hobbyist. I've personally found a trusted local hobbyist that sells much cheaper than many of the vendors I see online. But that doesn't mean I will never by from a vendor again. Both are great ways of feeding the addiction. I've had good and bad experiences from both parks. One highly esteemed SPS vendor sent me a frag with aptasia on the plug (I've since added removing plugs to my qt process) and one hobbyist forgot a heat pack in the middle of winter!

Thanks for the tip about contacting the vendor about getting better deals. I usually just look at the site and many times walk away shell shocked at the prices.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 180 72.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back