Best SPS nutrition?

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an auto hatcher for baby brine shrimp I feed the coral along with rod's food and the sort that contain a wide variety of particle sizes.

Fresh hatched (24hr) brine is very nutritious and it's been wildly studied that feeding sps improves growth and survivability. This is just one review of a study but google scholar you can find more.

https://www.advancedaquarist.com/bl...rine-shrimp-drastically-increase-their-growth

IslandLifeReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking into getting Red Sea’s reef energy A and B. It’s got aminos, carbs, vitamins, etc. Does anyone have any opinions or suggestions on this and/or other products?

I agree with those that say fish poop is a great source of food, I also agree with your statement that the ocean has many forms of coral food that we don't provide. Many of the biggest coral sellers feed their tanks with a blend of food that includes amino's. I don't think that they would include this in their business expense if there wasn't a reward for doing so. I have started mixing my foods which include frozen brine, reef gumbo, reef energy, and about twice a week, reef roids. I use less than half the recommended dose of reef energy as well as less than half the recommended amount of reef roids. I over feed the reef gumbo, and feed my fish well. Tank is slightly over 2 year old, and nutrients stay low with just skimming.

That is what has been working for me the last several months.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 37.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 26.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back