Best SPS nutrition?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ScottR
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I have an auto hatcher for baby brine shrimp I feed the coral along with rod's food and the sort that contain a wide variety of particle sizes.

Fresh hatched (24hr) brine is very nutritious and it's been wildly studied that feeding sps improves growth and survivability. This is just one review of a study but google scholar you can find more.

https://www.advancedaquarist.com/bl...rine-shrimp-drastically-increase-their-growth
 
I'm looking into getting Red Sea’s reef energy A and B. It’s got aminos, carbs, vitamins, etc. Does anyone have any opinions or suggestions on this and/or other products?


I agree with those that say fish poop is a great source of food, I also agree with your statement that the ocean has many forms of coral food that we don't provide. Many of the biggest coral sellers feed their tanks with a blend of food that includes amino's. I don't think that they would include this in their business expense if there wasn't a reward for doing so. I have started mixing my foods which include frozen brine, reef gumbo, reef energy, and about twice a week, reef roids. I use less than half the recommended dose of reef energy as well as less than half the recommended amount of reef roids. I over feed the reef gumbo, and feed my fish well. Tank is slightly over 2 year old, and nutrients stay low with just skimming.

That is what has been working for me the last several months.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 27 15.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new