Best t5 4 bulb combo??

Carter o51

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 29, 2013
Messages
116
Reaction score
31
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering if anyone could recommend the best 4 bulb T5 combo for my reef. I've messed around a bit with combos but I'd like to hear other peoples opinions. So what looks best as far as color and pop that is also good for growth. Id prefer geismann combos, but if an ati combo or mixture is better that works too. Thanks for the help
 
I always ran 3 ATI Blue Plus and one ATI Purple Plus. A little blue heavy but nice growth. Right now I run 2 ATI Blue Plus, 1 Purple Plus, and 1 AquaBlue Special. Really crisp bluish white color now. I like it a little better.
 
I always ran 3 ATI Blue Plus and one ATI Purple Plus. A little blue heavy but nice growth. Right now I run 2 ATI Blue Plus, 1 Purple Plus, and 1 AquaBlue Special. Really crisp bluish white color now. I like it a little better.

+1 on the 3 blue+ and 1 purple+. That's what I've been told is best. I might have to try your new combo though.
 
When I ran a geismann aquablue + with actual blue bulbs I thought it was too white for my tastes
 
+1 on the 3 blue+ and 1 purple+. That's what I've been told is best. I might have to try your new combo though.


I will say that I think I had a little better growth with the 3 Blue Plus. However, I find the second combo more pleasing to my eye.
 
Yup 3 blue plus and 1 purple plus is awesome combo. I have also run 3 blue plus 1 coral plus. It's a little bluer but good growth and color combo.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new