best tank for my situation

Well that is definitely less intrusive than I had imagined I still think that a HOB filter with floss/carbon plus a HOB skimmer would give you a lot more filtration capabilities. I can see the attraction for the AIO setup though as it would look more modern and you never have to worry about a potential overflow issue from the skimmer or even clogged hob filter.

I would be suspicious of the LFS store saying that the filtration would be far superior with the AIO because that simply isn’t true. HOB skimmers are made for tanks up to 100 gallons and HOB filters can be huge too. You would add additional water volume too with these options. I could understand if the LFS said that they preferred the aio because of aesthetics and no potential of overflow but to say that it’s filtration capabilities is superior is just wrong.

In the end both set ups will be cool and I hope you enjoy!
Could the hob filter and/or skimmer can malfunction and cause water to leak or bust out of and go to the floor? Overflow

They are so wrong it’s not even funny lol. The AIO will certainly have adequate filtration and will have a sleek, modern look but to say it has more filtration capacity than HOB options is just insane. The dude is either lying or just Ill informed.

I would like to hear him say how that tiny insert has more filtration capacity than this combo:

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/reef-octopus-bh90-hang-on-back-protein-skimmer.html
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/tidal-75-hob-power-filter-seachem-1.html
Lol I will ask him again when he send me some tank options
 
40b in my opinion is a perfect size reef. You get width and length. Height isn't to shabby. It's a great tank. Have one I. My bosses office that's a 12*12 office space.
 
40b in my opinion is a perfect size reef. You get width and length. Height isn't to shabby. It's a great tank. Have one I. My bosses office that's a 12*12 office space.
40 breeder is too big ... 36" is literally the same width from the end of my couch to the side of the chair ... not enough room, that why it not in my list of choices
 
Could the hob filter and/or skimmer can malfunction and cause water to leak or bust out of and go to the floor? Overflow


Lol I will ask him again when he send me some tank options

Yes they could potentially overflow onto the floor, although not likely.

That is definitely one of the benefits to the AIO system. All I’m saying is that the filtration is not superior with the AIO insert. There are a lot of reasons why that insert may be better for you but filtration is not one of them lol.
 
Yes they could potentially overflow onto the floor, although not likely.

That is definitely one of the benefits to the AIO system. All I’m saying is that the filtration is not superior with the AIO insert. There are a lot of reasons why that insert may be better for you but filtration is not one of them lol.
I would like to minimize as much water leak damage as possible since I live in a condo ... if something happens, definitely will be paying more than a top of the line aquarium with fish and corals lol

Lol good to know on the filteration
 
Came across a used fluval 13.5 for sale
----‐---
Fluval 13.5 AIO for sale. Comes with stock light and lid (missing filter cover piece) other equipment that comes with it is as follows.

Protein skimmer
Pump
Heater
Wavemaker (nano) with controller

Made a custom stand I can throw in with it also.

$200
 
you can use coupon code Reef2reef10 to save 10% off at www.reefcasa.com if that helps :)
Unfortunately lol I just recently ordered the IM 15g tank a few days ago as my first tank

But I want to get a bigger tank eventually which I know you have a couple bigger sizes coming out next year ... looking forward to know those tanks' specs

Definitely want to check out your frags tho
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new