Best tank size for reef

TanksJB

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as it is 2 feet deep from front to back and at least 20 inches tall. This gives enough room for corals and rock with some open area in the front and provides a better visual experience IMO. I got a new tank last year and finally got what I wanted in this area. Mine is five feet wide but four or even three feet wide would have been okay I think as long as I had the depth from front to back. I got a Custom Aquariums tank and have been happy with it and would get another. It is 5'X2'X2'.

a hill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been dreaming of a ten foot cube for a very long time. Using it as a courtyard in a home. The water volume would keep things incredibly stable. Light may be challenging for some corals but auxiliary tanks can can always be added for special projects.

I love 180s they seem to be a sweet spot for cost to volume. However I’m liking 18” max water depth tanks meaning surface of water to substrate. I hate bending over deep tanks.

24B28A41-577C-4243-93DD-6AA07034468F.jpeg

condo remodel in progress 5 180 gallons for dart frogs.

When done with reefing they make good walls stood on end!
-Andrew

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back