Best Temp/Heater Controller

SeabrookZoo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you use to control your heaters? I plan on under sizing my heaters so that they stay on 24/7 with out cooking the tank. I would also like to put a controller on them as second line of protection and have that plugged into my apex which will act as the third and final line of protection. What are some good temp/heater controllers? I know this may sound like overkill but a bad heater cost me dearly a while back. Don’t want to take any chances with this new build.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 regular eheim heaters each half the recommended "dose" both hooked into an inkbird controller. easy peasy

Amstar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on the inkbird controller. I actually got the dual inkbird controller that will turn on fans of the tank gets to warm

vabben

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out ebay. Inkbird sells on there. I purchased the Inkbird Wired WIFI Temp. Controller Thermostat ITC-306A. I bought mine a month or so ago, I offered $40 with free shipping and they accepted.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spend the money on a Ranco and skip the Inkbird. They have had issues and while they have addressed some, they are not worth the risk with the cost difference to a Ranco. Ranco is a industrial grade, decade-of-use type of deal.

I also use dual lower-wattage Ehiems on Ranco.

Easy Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the Bayite temperature controller for my fan and heater
bayite Temperature Controller 1650W BTC211 Digital Outlet Thermostat, Pre-Wired, 2 Stage Heating and Cooling Mode, 110V - 240V 15A

OP
OP
S

SeabrookZoo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spend the money on a Ranco and skip the Inkbird. They have had issues and while they have addressed some, they are not worth the risk with the cost difference to a Ranco. Ranco is a industrial grade, decade-of-use type of deal.

I also use dual lower-wattage Ehiems on Ranco.
Thanks for the info! I will definitely look into them.

Amstar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out ebay. Inkbird sells on there. I purchased the Inkbird Wired WIFI Temp. Controller Thermostat ITC-306A. I bought mine a month or so ago, I offered $40 with free shipping and they accepted.

I to have the wifi one and have no issues whatsoever ever. Can look at my temp, adjust it etc via my phone and their app. Got it on amazon for 45 or 50 bucks.

agree on the other poster that the ranco is another good controller as well. Had one in the past

https://inkbird.shop/products/itc-308-wifi (Inkbird website)

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Ink bird for sure

OP
OP
S

SeabrookZoo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Cool thanks!

I to have the wifi one and have no issues whatsoever ever. Can look at my temp, adjust it etc via my phone and their app. Got it on amazon for 45 or 50 bucks.

agree on the other poster that the ranco is another good controller as well. Had one in the past

https://inkbird.shop/products/itc-308-wifi (Inkbird website)

Awesome thanks for the link.

OP
OP
S

SeabrookZoo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate all of the replies. Definitely going to look into these. Didn’t know any better last time and had two heaters that were sized appropriately for my 90g DT, thinking if one failed the other was still there. One failed in the on position and nuked the tank. It was a punch to the gut to wake up to. I want to take all the precautions I can!!

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same OEM, yes.

Back