Best Temp/Heater Controller

BadAtThis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hate to dig up an old thread. Google pulled this up as I'm looking for a new controller to replace the what I consider garbage inkbird. My 306 whatever is less than a year old and has been plagued with various imaginary issues. Their online tech support is worthless too. Gonna try the ranco asap.

dmsc2fs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want the cheapest with potential construction issues go with Inkbird. If you want similar to your title suggest go with Ranco.

Eric R.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't personally had any issues running inkbirds for a few years now on several freshwater tanks, and they are very affordable. However, I agree, if you're really looking for industrial level reliability, quality control, and construction, and don't mind spending the extra couple hundred bucks (not all that much for some builds), Ranco is it.

dadnjesse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You can get a Ranco at a reasonable price if you have electrical experience and wire it yourself. You just have to waterproof the temp sensor. Plenty of YouTube videos.

Yodeling

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t remember how much my Ranco cost, but I think it was like less than $80.00. I wired the outlets myself and used heat-shrink tubing on the probe.

YOYOYOReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
best and inkbird are tough to say in the same sentence. I would say the best heaters are Tempco or Cygnet or plenty that are not sold on aquairum sites. Better yet run a heat exchange manifold off your water heater with a peristaltic pump drivign the loop. Tons of ways to do it besides putting a toaster oven tech in a glass tube in your aquairum, but best is never cheap. You will find more tempco in industrial use than inkbird or any aquarium brand.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back