Best test kits

thepeefer

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 7, 2024
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Location
Qatar
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I am new to the saltwater side of the hobby. I am wondering what are the best test kits preferably with a total budget of $100

TIA
 
Sorry, no such animal, but lots of opinions. ;)

I'd suggest getting with some local reefers and see what test kits you find easiest to use. And FWIW I like API for pH, alkalinity and calcium; Salifert for alkalinity and magnesium, Nyos for nitrate and PO4; Red Sea for nitrate and PO4.

To help you sort all the opinions you can get check this comparison test done by DFMAS
 

Attachments

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 17 20.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 25 30.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 13.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new