Best test kits

thepeefer

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 7, 2024
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Location
Qatar
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I am new to the saltwater side of the hobby. I am wondering what are the best test kits preferably with a total budget of $100

TIA
 
Sorry, no such animal, but lots of opinions. ;)

I'd suggest getting with some local reefers and see what test kits you find easiest to use. And FWIW I like API for pH, alkalinity and calcium; Salifert for alkalinity and magnesium, Nyos for nitrate and PO4; Red Sea for nitrate and PO4.

To help you sort all the opinions you can get check this comparison test done by DFMAS
 

Attachments

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new