Best type of clam for Copperband Butterfly?

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like it’s chewing the food, mine does that but he does actually eat the food eventually. Perhaps the food is too big for yours? Mine used to struggle with larger mysis like pe but not he has grown a bit and prefers pe sized mysis. The hikari mysis is a bit smaller

Biff0rz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had to let it sit almost 2 days and suddenly it was gone. Try dropping garlic extract on it as garlic is a good enticer to eat
Yea I did not leave mine in the tank that long, I will try that, thanks. I did soak it in selcon, not that thats the same as garlic. I'll pick some of that up.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Yea I did not leave mine in the tank that long, I will try that, thanks. I did soak it in selcon, not that thats the same as garlic. I'll pick some of that up.
Selcon will be good once it starts eating the clam

Biff0rz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sounds like it’s chewing the food, mine does that but he does actually eat the food eventually. Perhaps the food is too big for yours? Mine used to struggle with larger mysis like pe but not he has grown a bit and prefers pe sized mysis. The hikari mysis is a bit smaller
He's about 4" long. The pieces varied in size - I'd say the smallest was no bigger than an ant.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would have him in a natural QT system with rocks and sands that have worms in/on it. aptasia, feather duster, Medusa worms....
In this setting he will eat quickly. I also have a pair of clowns in it and feed the clowns with various food. Seeing the clowns eating he will try and start eating frozen food.

this method never fail me.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 51 40.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 27.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back