Quarantined Copperband Experience - TSM

AustiniteReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to come on here and share my experience buying a quarantined CBB from TSM Aquatics. After (unsuccessfully) trying my luck with 3 different CBB's from my LFS in the past year, I finally decided to bite the bullet and purchase a quarantined specimen from TSM Aquatics. Josh was very nice and responsive to all of my doubts and concerns (I pre-ordered in December 2023 and received the fish last Tuesday). I was super nervous as this was my first time ever buying a fish online. After temp acclimating him for 45 minutes, I dropped him into the tank with the lights off. He was acting a little funny the first two days (I'm assuming from all the stress of being shipped) but after the second day he was chowing down on everything I threw in the tank! Frozen bloodworms and spirulina mysis from Hikari, live blackworms, PE mysis and thinly sliced littleneck clams. Contrary to what some people say, he is definitely hunting down the pods on my rocks and back glass. My tank was running fallow for the last three months and the pod population increased like C R A Z Y! I am beyond happy with my purchase and with my CB as the other 3 I tried all died within a week from starvation. Nothing can beat the joy I get seeing this little guy eat:)
I tried getting a video of him during lunch time . He gets thawed bloodworms for breakfast, thawed mysis for lunch, and sliced clam for dinner.

OP
OP
AustiniteReefer

AustiniteReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good job!
I got lucky, Mine eats from my hand haha its the most brave fish in my tank :)
Nice! Mine has started to recognize the chopsticks I use to feed and goes crazy the moment he sees em. Can't wait for the day he eats out of my hands as well:)

OP
OP
AustiniteReefer

AustiniteReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot to add: he came in nice and plump! Nothing like the paper-thin/starving specimens you usually find at LFS

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back