Best water circulation in nano.

bgruchow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for something really small and low profile to add some circulation to my 9 gallon nano. Any suggestions? Thanks

hurley12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MP10 is obviously way overkill, but my favorite haha. I had one of the koralia nano's in my 10 gallon and it did the trick, isn't too big, and super cheap. Actually have one I could give ya, maybe that with something else for a trade for one of your gems :tongue:

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 agreed on Koralia nano. I told you that thing didnt have enough flow.:bigsmile:

saratj1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look at the sicce nano, I think it's called voyager it looks like a Russian rocket but it may be worth checking out also

OP
OP
B

bgruchow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 agreed on Koralia nano. I told you that thing didnt have enough flow.:bigsmile:
You are the reason I am asking. I assume if you thought that I needed some circulation that I may want to listen. The only thing I worry about is everything is doing great and I don't want to mess with it.

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mp10 is the only way to go unless you just dont care about the tank.

Its a 9 gallon cube. With maybe 7 gallons total. I think a mp10 would blow his corals off the rocks. Thats not the only way to go.

nerdwolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its a 9 gallon cube. With maybe 7 gallons total. I think a mp10 would blow his corals off the rocks. Thats not the only way to go.
LOL...I'm going to assume they were kidding and didn't realize the Internet doesn't convey their sense of humor very well. :neutral:
+1 on the Koralia, but I wonder if anyone's tried those aqueon circulation pumps I've seen at Petsmart...I think they're rated at a similar GPH. Someone else mentioned the Sicce pumps, but unless I'm thinking of something else, those would take up too much room in a 9 gallon display.

gmoney243

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Id hope so considering vortechs arent THAT good. They are good pumps but not good enough to say if u dont own them you dont care about your tank. Also u could just turn down the mp10. I like them in small tanks but long tanks i get better flow with koralias.

Ever wonder why its the most resold pump on the market?

Sent from my VS930 4G using Tapatalk 2

gmoney243

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Source? I barely ever see them for resale, and when they are, it's pretty close to the cost of a new one.

His source is just his opinion.:D

Just do a search on this site and count them haha i know of more people in thus club who have sold or traded or are trying to grt rid of vortechs for tunzes than i know of people who still use them past a few.months and are still.glad.they shelled out $350-$450 a piece for them.

Sry to beat a dead horse but i guess i missed these comments the other day :banghead:

Sent from my VS930 4G using Reef2Reef Aquarium Forum mobile app

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered 2 Tunze turbelle nanostream 6105's for my QT. They are pretty small and really cheap ($40) for one of the best PH's on the market. One of these would do great on your nano.Tunze Turbelle NanoStream Pump
[h=1][/h]

nerdwolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They can't be trying too hard to sell them - a search of recently completed auctions on ebay shows a year-old mp10es sold for $185 plus shipping. A 3-month old mp10wes went for $245 + shipping. They sell new for $227 & $277 at Amazon, meaning the es held 81% of its retail value after 1 year, while the wes held 88% after 3 months. Pretty good for a product nobody likes. :D

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 42 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 161 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back