Best Wave Pump for a 125 gallon

Jeffc1527

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 14, 2022
Messages
28
Reaction score
16
Location
Quincy
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the best wave pump I can get for my 125 gallon saltwater tank. I am currently running and fluval fx4 canister filter with 2 aquaclear hob filter and a reef octopus hob protein skimmer. What is the best wave pump to go along with this duo. The aqua clears have decent output but for the size the tank is, they dont generate much current and the fx4 does produce some but only on one side. I was looking to put 1 or 2 wave pumps depending on recommendations on my inlet side of my fx4 and have them pointed down the tank to the outlet side. I have a budget of $150. I have had 2 current usa eflux wave pumps on my 75 gallon and they were great but only lasted about a year. I would buy them again but idk if they will be powerful enough or reliable enough.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new