Best way to catch a PBT?

  • Thread starter Thread starter sciknen
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

sciknen

Merrimack Valley Hardcore
View Badges
Joined
Jun 19, 2009
Messages
242
Reaction score
0
Location
Lowell, Ma
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay heres the deal..

She kinda a pain in the butt. Doesn't like new fish. She actually killed two recent bangais so i am trading her to a local reefer for some frags.

I don't want to have to tear down the tank.. its 55g so its not to to big for her to run away..

I don't want it to be very stressful either for her. Any good ideas?? recommendations?


Also any good ideas for travel. Its about 1.5 hr trip.
 
I would use an acrylic trap if possible. I have caught several fish this way including a pain in the but purple tang!
 
Take a clear 2 litter bottle and cut the lid off right where it gets to the widest part of teh bottle
make a hole in the main body of the bottle. and tie a piece of fishing line to it with a lenght left over.
Put in the bottom of the tank and leave it for two-three days. During these days don't feed..
After the waiting peroid put some of teh fishes favorite food in there.
When he swims in when feeding pull the fishing line up quickly.
The fish will (by nature) swim down first before trying to swim up or jump out.
 
Power blue tang.. and thanks Myteemouse, that was my 1st thought but wasn't sure if i should..

I hope i don't catch one of my clowns lol


Im too scared to hook it lol.. its not that big of a nuisance lol
 
I will ship you my trap if you will pay for shipping. :)
 
Power blue tang.. and thanks Myteemouse, that was my 1st thought but wasn't sure if i should..

I hope i don't catch one of my clowns lol


Im too scared to hook it lol.. its not that big of a nuisance lol
I'm telling you its a home made fish trap
You could tie the lid to the bottom and run a fishing line though a hole in the lid and the body again so when you pull the line it will close the lid on the bottle.
 
Thanks for the offer rev really really appreciate it.. im going to try to use the 2 liter method..


Whats the best way to travel with it? Big butt ziplock bag?
 
Put it in a 5g bucket if your driving it.
 
My PBT wouldn't stay OUT of my trap when I was trying to catch other fish :rolleyes: . You should have no reason to resort to a hook to catch a tang. They readily go into traps for food.
 
Tranq dart that thing. It will regret everything it did.
 
Been awhile have you caught it yet. Turning the lights on at say 3am will will stun him and he will sleep swim like he is drunk and be easy to snag up with a net.
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new