Best way to kill encrusting monti

  • Thread starter Thread starter ScottF
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ScottF

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 3, 2024
Messages
715
Reaction score
346
Location
Miami
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I moved a rainbow monti frag because I didn't want it to encrust over my JF Fox Flame acro, Booberry acro or my Walt Disney that were near it. It left a ring where it had started to encrust on the rock. Is there a good way to kill the monti ring?

I was nuking some aiptasia with Franks and I tried covering the monti with that. It doesn't seem to have bothered it too much. Do I need to cover it with epoxy? How long would I need to leave the epoxy?
 
you can use a razor blade to cut it where you want the edge to be and chip off the excess
 
Kalkwasser will kill it if it sits long enough. Epoxy puddy is good for vertical surfaces.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new