ReefReadyYouTube

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is obviously my opinion but works great for me and I would recommend this setup to anyone. I’m using a Fluval 50 but I feel like this can work in any HOB filter.
The media need is:
• Cheato
•Filter floss
•Poly filter pad
•GFO/ chemi pure blue nano
•LOTS of bio blocks/pellets/spheres
This is how it should be set up.
13B4B39E-0336-4EA0-9EDC-08CD83F6A38B.jpeg

This is where the bio blocks go.
3D8E99CB-543B-4BE8-BE1B-895163A9F36F.jpeg

Running this depending on your bio load you will change pads out every week and replace the GFO/Chemi pure every two months. Make sure you don’t go over board with to much nutrients export. Make sure to have a divide between cheato and the pads. I would recommend this set up on 20 gallons and lower. Comment and questions. Thanks!

R2_.d2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys new to the forum, can I get some suggestions on a HOB skimmer for a 29gallon rimmed tank. I have tried the red devil nano 150 and I've now wore out 2 since ive had the tank (about 2 years). To be fair the first one just the hanger broke but due to the design it was hard to use with out it. Looking for other options.

ScootScoot

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Trying to help other out with what they should put in a HOB filter.
Hey ! Happy this post is new . I have a marine land HOB filter . I typically ran carbon , poly filter , and filter floss . In relation to my current setup I just got some bio media rings just like in the photo
-Should I change the biomedia at all ?
-if I don’t have filter pad as shown can I use the poly filter on bottom , the media above that with filter floss on top ? Thanks for the help ! I love my HOB filter it’s a great inconspicuous little gadget and gets the job done with my 20gal

OP
OP
ReefReadyYouTube

ReefReadyYouTube

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey ! Happy this post is new . I have a marine land HOB filter . I typically ran carbon , poly filter , and filter floss . In relation to my current setup I just got some bio media rings just like in the photo
-Should I change the biomedia at all ?
-if I don’t have filter pad as shown can I use the poly filter on bottom , the media above that with filter floss on top ? Thanks for the help ! I love my HOB filter it’s a great inconspicuous little gadget and gets the job done with my 20gal
You can always wash out your bio media if it gets dirty is saltwater. I keep my bio media in a bag and if it gets a lot of algae on it I’ll just take it out and rinse it off in a bucket of salt water that I take out from the tank during a water change. And yes you can run that set up that you mentioned.

ScootScoot

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can always wash out your bio media if it gets dirty is saltwater. I keep my bio media in a bag and if it gets a lot of algae on it I’ll just take it out and rinse it off in a bucket of salt water that I take out from the tank during a water change. And yes you can run that set up that you mentioned.
Thanks for the quick reply Going to try to set this up tonight ! #teamHOB

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 106 86.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back