Best wholesale companies

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once you turn a hobby into a business, its not a hobby anymore. Its work.

Been there done that. Just saying. I had a Aquarium maintenance business for years.
Started buying from the wholesale house, ticked off all the LFS owners, that would see me there.
After a while couldn't stand going home to my own tanks. Sold everything and got out of the hobby for 25 years.

Just a hobby now. :cool:

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly unless your willing to fly over and meet a contact and start your own "hookup" than it is what it is currently and what's available is what's available. Lol.

Has no one ever seen the movie Blow? Lol with jonny dep.
D

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my business partner and I are attempting to start a small shop. So far we have a couple wholesalers, route 66 and ecc, but looking for other reputable ones that may have bigger/better selections…any advice?

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you can try Unique Coral, and ACI Aquaculture

I've found that they all have pretty much the same stuff. I've seen the main difference being the amount of "high end" torches and acans available at one time.

Find a supplier you like and stick with them and another for the most part. Being a loyal customer goes a long way if you are looking for something specific and need to call them to see if it's available.

707Nick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll give it to you straight, just like everyone here or some here are giving you information, I have a good amount of wholesalers, that's mainly where I buy from, I will buy retail if it's something rare or hard to get and only live corals. Dry goods wholesale.

Quality Marine, sea-dwelling creatures, underwater world, coast tropical, Aquarium Arts, Cortez marine, expects brick and mortar building, business license, sales permit, pictures of your building and a copy of your lease.

One member here met me at one of the wholesalers and he gets access that way. If you live close to LAX let me know
Hi we just bought a LFS in Rohnert park Ca call Under the sea aquatics. We are looking to broaden our selection of Coral and Fish. We also have a selection of fresh water. We are currently working with Sea Dwelling Createre‘s Quality Marine and The coral spot. Other than the companies you listed above are there any others that you might suggest? Thank you for your time. Sincerely, Nick Lopedota.

707Nick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly unless your willing to fly over and meet a contact and start your own "hookup" than it is what it is currently and what's available is what's available. Lol.

Has no one ever seen the movie Blow? Lol with jonny dep.
D
We are willing to Fly for our LFS but where would you suggest we start?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 28.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 31 36.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 28.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%

Back