Bevo's 200g Cash Pit

bevo5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This tank has been up and running (in it's latest iteration) for about 18 months, but I never did a build thread...so I figured I'd share some stuff now.

The tank is an 80x24x24 that I got about 6 years ago. I had it as a reef, then a freshwater cichlid tank, and now a reef again.

For equipment:
-3x Ecotech XR30's (soon to replace with Neptune Sky)
-2x MP40s
-Skimmer is a simplicity 240 which I don't love, but it pulls ok
-Jabao 12000 return pump
-Full Apex system
-57watt Aqua UV
-And a couple media reactors I'm always switching out

For the rock I went with a bunch of stuff from https://blueiquatics.com/products/. It's super light weight and all builds together really easily. My favorite thing with the aquascape is to build areas where the fish can interact with it - like big caves, tunnels, etc. And this stuff is great for that.

Fish:
-Large Navarchus angel
-Blonde Naso Tang
-Purple Tang
-Hippo Tang
-5x Benggai Cardinals (I QT'd 10....but only 5 made it past the bigger fish)
-2x PJ Cardinals
-Ruby Head Wrasse
-Coral Beauty
-Blue jaw trigger
-Foxface rabbitfish
-A pair of Wyoming clowns
-I'm sure I'm forgetting someone.

Corals: I'm way more into LPS with stuff that flows and moves with the water. I had a large hammer break apart about a year ago and now I have 6 large hammers in there. A BTA that I got around the same time is now 15 throughout the tank. Then just a lot of zoa's and various torches. I'm currently QT'ing a few very large pieces, and it'll be great to fill up some room. I've never been one to go after hugely exotic stuff.

Here's a FTS taken about a year ago - I'll grab some more and update them below.

FTS.jpg

I'm currently running two Biocube 32's as QT tanks: one for fish, one for inverts. They're a bit close to the DT so it's not a perfect setup, but everything gets a proper QT before going in.

Here are some more random photos.

IMG_5118.jpeg
IMG_4944.jpeg

And here's one from two weeks ago when I had to cut out my return line to replace a bulkhead. Not ideal. This was my first tank to ever plumb (and only), so I'm certainly no expert. I'm always super jealous of the amazingly clean looks a lot of y'all get.

IMG_5077.jpeg

Attachments

• 200 Rocks.MOV
    10.3 MB
OP
OP
bevo5

bevo5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Love your bubbletips!
Thanks! They bubble up at night and then get real stringy during the day. They have spread all over the tank. I’d remove some but it’s impossible. So oh well!

OP
OP
bevo5

bevo5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Here’s an fts from today. I added more whites to the light but still a little too blue to make our details.

Attachments

• B67D2EEB-7928-4E6E-AC6F-7C8EB69A859C.jpeg
    B67D2EEB-7928-4E6E-AC6F-7C8EB69A859C.jpeg
    94.7 KB · Views: 31

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 71 52.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 50.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 35 25.9%
  • None.

Votes: 30 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back