Bi-color angelfish has a reflective eye...

Katie Kat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This might sound weird, so bare with me. My bi-color angel had popeye about 3-4 months ago. She recovered, ad has shown no signs of illness. However, he eye that supposedly healed, has turned into a "mirror". Her other eye has a dark black center. But this eye looks like a mirror. She seems a little more aggressive than normal, but nothing out of the ordinary. No spots that I can see. Her eye healed after her treatments. So I don't know what could have caused this, or even, what THIS is?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!
Katie

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a unicorn tang with a similar affliction. Had popeye, which appeared to heal up, but now the eye is a silver disc. Has been that way now for over a year. I am assuming the fish is blind in that eye, though ability to hone in on food appears unimpaired.

mort

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen that before and surmised it to be eye damage of some sort depending on how bad the Popeye was. I know a pressure build up in human eyes can cause glaucoma and that Popeye is caused by a gas build up behind the eye (I think behind rather than in it).

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 21 23.6%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 24.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back