Bi-Color Hammer not happy

MizzouReef12

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 12, 2025
Messages
18
Reaction score
12
Location
Omaha, NE
What state or country do you live in
Nebraska
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little help here, bought this hammer from the LFS May 31st. It has 7+ heads it was full and beautiful at the LFS and for about 3 weeks in my tank. The last 2 weeks it has slowly been shrinking to what you see. Everything else, including the Frammer in the background, are all open and happy in the tank. Only thing I can tell from testing is my Alk has steadily went from 8.1 when I introduced it to this morning its reading 9.9.
I do weekly 5 gallon water changes.
Calcium averages 420-430
Mg averages 1275 to 1325
pH swings 8.01-8.10 daily.
Salinity is 1.026
Phosphates .25
Nitrates 25

Any other thoughts on what I may be doing wrong or is it like my BTA and has a mind of its own?

IMG_4815.PNG IMG_4816.PNG
 
The Alk swing definitely can tick of LPS like that.

What are you dosing into the tank that caused a spike of ~2 in Alkalinity?
 
yes, it doesnt look happy. whats the flow like where its at?
I have two power heads on the other end of the tank that give it good movement as well as one above it a few inches that helps. I wouldn't say its jerking it around, nice subtle movements.
 
The Alk swing definitely can tick of LPS like that.

What are you dosing into the tank that caused a spike of ~2 in Alkalinity?
ESV-two part. Dosing 4ml/day. 1ml/6 hours.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new