Bicolor blenny finally displaying.

Bixby'sMenagerie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So last month i finally added a mandarin to my 2 year old tank. Everything went well and nobody paid him any mind. Except my bicolor blenny, who I've had about 18 months. I have never seen this guy display his full side markings and fin stretching, he is usually content to graze across the tank and chill in his snail shell duplex. Now? Every morning and feeding time it's a display. Still doesn't actually try bother the mandarin, just gets fired up on sight, and zips around the whole reef. Havn't gotten a decent pic yet but i found it kinda funny a mandarin of all things is what he reacts to.

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So last month i finally added a mandarin to my 2 year old tank. Everything went well and nobody paid him any mind. Except my bicolor blenny, who I've had about 18 months. I have never seen this guy display his full side markings and fin stretching, he is usually content to graze across the tank and chill in his snail shell duplex. Now? Every morning and feeding time it's a display. Still doesn't actually try bother the mandarin, just gets fired up on sight, and zips around the whole reef. Havn't gotten a decent pic yet but i found it kinda funny a mandarin of all things is what he reacts to.
So funny a mandarin is what causes him to react like that haha

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back