Bicolor blenny with white splotches

  • Thread starter Thread starter sm0ggers
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

sm0ggers

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 10, 2025
Messages
19
Reaction score
2
Location
USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, it's me again :')
My bicolor blenny suddenly formed these white patches on her side. No new fish additions in over 6 months. No aggression in the tank that I've noticed. Parameters are stable:

Temp: 78
pH: 8
1.025 sg
Nitrate 10
PO4 .03
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0

Thank you in advance for any advice.

20260201_163339_41F370B2-604A-43DE-9E23-1961E787CBFB.png

20260201_163339_CDBEB07D-EA27-412B-B953-86692D2A7BF9.png

20260201_163339_30B5F06A-3EF4-4ED4-991A-BE21134B2B78.png

20260201_163339_3259624C-8A07-4E61-8DC4-85E088D6F6BB.png
 
Hello, it's me again :')
My bicolor blenny suddenly formed these white patches on her side. No new fish additions in over 6 months. No aggression in the tank that I've noticed. Parameters are stable:

Temp: 78
pH: 8
1.025 sg
Nitrate 10
PO4 .03
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0

Thank you in advance for any advice.

20260201_163339_41F370B2-604A-43DE-9E23-1961E787CBFB.png

20260201_163339_CDBEB07D-EA27-412B-B953-86692D2A7BF9.png

20260201_163339_30B5F06A-3EF4-4ED4-991A-BE21134B2B78.png

20260201_163339_3259624C-8A07-4E61-8DC4-85E088D6F6BB.png

The diffuse white patches could well just be skin scrapes, but in your third photo I can see some distinct white spots. these could be sand grains, but they could also be Cryptocaryon - ich.
 
Hello, it's me again :')
My bicolor blenny suddenly formed these white patches on her side. No new fish additions in over 6 months. No aggression in the tank that I've noticed. Parameters are stable:

Temp: 78
pH: 8
1.025 sg
Nitrate 10
PO4 .03
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0

Thank you in advance for any advice.

20260201_163339_41F370B2-604A-43DE-9E23-1961E787CBFB.png

20260201_163339_CDBEB07D-EA27-412B-B953-86692D2A7BF9.png

20260201_163339_30B5F06A-3EF4-4ED4-991A-BE21134B2B78.png

20260201_163339_3259624C-8A07-4E61-8DC4-85E088D6F6BB.png

The diffuse white patches could well just be skin scrapes, but in your third photo I can see some distinct white spots. these could be sand grains, but they could also be Cryptocaryon - ich.
Thank you Jay. The distinct white spots were just sand grains floating by, not stuck. This does not look like velvet to you, right?
 
Thank you Jay. The distinct white spots were just sand grains floating by, not stuck. This does not look like velvet to you, right?

Not velvet at all - that would just cause rapid breathing and not eating.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new