bicolor polyp orange monti ID

  • Thread starter Thread starter Unique
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Unique

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 23, 2009
Messages
135
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
need help w/ trade name for this monti, i remember seeing a pic of something similar awhile ago...anyone?

monti.jpg
 
Yep - one of the cooler looking monti's out there. I am trying to bring mine back from extinction right now :(
 
+2 Recently got a frag. It's really nice. Can't wait for it to grow out.
 
There are two variations Ian. The mystic encrusts flat and there is another that encrusts with smaller bumps like a verracosa/danae ...C'mon Ian' Keep up :) Nice piece.
 
There are two variations Ian. The mystic encrusts flat and there is another that encrusts with smaller bumps like a verracosa/danae ...C'mon Ian' Keep up :) Nice piece.

2 variations, yes, but the same freakin' name :tongue:

I actually like the bumpy one more than the one we have...

Mark, post a pic of yours for reference...
 
Ian, I have both variations. I also picked up the second version from Richard. Sorry, but no pictures ;)
 
pfftt i was just testing y'all...you all pass! :D based on my pic, is it a flat type or is it a danae? i'm leaning more towards danae...
 
The Mystic's polyps are exactly 1/2 blue and 1/2 white....that is the primary identifying characteristic, per ReefFarmers....so yours is even more unique with only one white tentacle...I think yours should be Mystic Dusk......and I really like it...BTW....
 
Not sure why they didn't just call it a reverse superman?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 14.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new