Big Announcement Today on a Live Event

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

805reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a big fan of the apex (classic) but I just cant get passed how bad the new versions look (and the Dos). So here is a quick visual history of the Aquacontrollers through the years

The Aquacontroller I - Simple and clean
ac1.jpg

(Thanks to @FDAWG for that pic)

The Aquacontroller II - Pretty good look for the time.
NS1113_50.jpg

Aquacontroller jr: Some imrprovement, got rid of the wavy red lines but still a clean look
aquajr.jpg

Aquacontroller III - Very clean, black goes with everything. Sleek look
aquacontroller-3.gif

Aquacontroller III pro - Still clean look, the colors might pop a bit for some
aqua3pro.jpg

Apex (classic) first version - Beautiful. Very clean sleek look. Will be hard to top
NS_apex_group__76397_zoom1.jpeg

Apex (classic) - They decided to bring back some funky coloring, but at least the module sizes are still sleek.
apex-lite-700.jpg

Apex jr - Looks pretty good
lg-79049-V-fish.jpg

new Apex - I'm not sure what happened here. Product design took several steps backwards. I don't understand. They had this great modular system going for years that worked fantastic. And now they decided to make the outlet bars super bulky. Why not offer a separate 1link module like they do for everything else? And the coloring. why? who chose this color scheme? Why are all the shapes so odd and different?
apex-main-hero-image-big.jpg

Last edited:

michaelrc51

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"I'm" not suing anybody.
What would be nice is if they came out and said (our recent sale before the launch of our new product has upset a few of our new customers. After review we decided is was not the best way to welcome our new customer to the Neptune family and we would like to offer an exchange of you pm2 and head unit for replacement of our new head unit. We are sorry for the lack of communication during the transition.) Then everyone could decide if they wanted it. Would it make everyone happy. No, that's impossible. I probably wouldn't take it but would be extremely thankful they made a "honest effort" in customer satisfaction. My "whining" would stop.

DUDE, now you aren't sueing?
And it says you are a male in your bio......

You crack me up. I guess you joined this forum just to voice your displeasure with Neptune.

So, you think you can just get a few people to voice their displeasure as well and have Neptune just try to accommodate everyone?
I agree, in theory, that people's voices should be heard but all you did was buy a product that was on sale and now you're unhappy cause they did this before the release of an "improved" version.
I disagree with your standpoint and think that your rants are fabrications to coerce others into joining your cause.

psirex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a big fan of the apex (classic) but I just cant get passed how bad the new versions look (and the Dos). So here is a quick visual history of the Aquacontrollers through the years

The Aquacontroller I - Simple and clean
ac1.jpg

(Thanks to @FDAWG for that pic)

The Aquacontroller II - Pretty good look for the time.
NS1113_50.jpg

Aquacontroller jr: Some imrprovement, got rid of the wavy red lines but still a clean look
aquajr.jpg

Aquacontroller III - Very clean, black goes with everything. Sleek look
aquacontroller-3.gif

Aquacontroller III pro - Still clean look, the colors might pop a bit for some
aqua3pro.jpg

Apex (classic) first version - Beautiful. Very clean sleek look. Will be hard to top
NS_apex_group__76397_zoom1.jpeg

Apex (classic) - They decided to bring back some funky coloring, but at least the module sizes are still sleek.
apex-lite-700.jpg

Apex jr - Looks pretty good
lg-79049-V-fish.jpg

new Apex - I'm not sure what happened here. Product design took several steps backwards. I don't understand. They had this great modular system going for years that worked fantastic. And now they decided to make the outlet bars super bulky. Why not offer a separate 1link module like they do for everything else? And the coloring. why? who chose this color scheme? Why are all the shapes so odd and different?
apex-main-hero-image-big.jpg
Agreed

jams77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DUDE, now you aren't sueing?
And it says you are a male in your bio......

You crack me up. I guess you joined this forum just to voice your displeasure with Neptune.

So, you think you can just get a few people to voice their displeasure as well and have Neptune just try to accommodate everyone?
I agree, in theory, that people's voices should be heard but all you did was buy a product that was on sale and now you're unhappy cause they did this before the release of an "improved" version.
I disagree with your standpoint and think that your rants are fabrications to coerce others into joining your cause.

I'm sorry I've upset you. I seemed to have an issue with my apex earlier today. The screen kept saying something and I thought Neptune kicked me off . Got it working again thank god. Bad day :( I'm a customer first kinda Dude! I am glad that so many here have so much faith that the product I bought is going to continue for years to come.

michaelrc51

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry I've upset you. I seemed to have an issue with my apex earlier today. The screen kept saying something and I thought Neptune kicked me off . Got it working again thank god. Bad day :( I'm a customer first kinda Dude! I am glad that so many here have so much faith that the product I bought is going to continue for years to come.

Aw, you didn't upset me.

It's just funny how you joined this forum the day that the announcement was made and all of your posts have been in this thread and all about how Neptune wronged you.
You can say whatever you want, it's a free country, but I do take offense to be labeled with people who express their opinions the way you do. To think you can join this forum and just complain to hope you can get free stuff cause you feel like you've been wronged is just not right IMO.

All of the other people in this thread who feel unhappy about have voiced their opinion in a decent manor except for yourself IMO.

jams77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aw, you didn't upset me.

It's just funny how you joined this forum the day that the announcement was made and all of your posts have been in this thread and all about how Neptune wronged you.
You can say whatever you want, it's a free country, but I do take offense to be labeled with people who express their opinions the way you do. To think you can join this forum and just complain to hope you can get free stuff cause you feel like you've been wronged is just not right IMO.

All of the other people in this thread who feel unhappy about have voiced their opinion in a decent manor except for yourself IMO.

It's the very foundation of my country. I live in the USA and it was started when people voice their displeasure by tossing tea in water. I really can't even make heads or tails of what you are trying to say. I read it like 3 time. I had to read something else to make sure I wasn't having a stroke. After determining I wasn't I tried to read again with no such success. That what was making me feel as I wronged you. So sorry.

120reefkeeper

Reef keeping with Military Precision!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure it's probably been asked somewhere but I didn't read the entire thread.

If you get the new head unit with the new eb8xx can you still run your old eb8 with it??

805reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure it's probably been asked somewhere but I didn't read the entire thread.

If you get the new head unit with the new eb8xx can you still run your old eb8 with it??

Yes, the new unit will work with the old eb8.

The old apex classic will not work with the new eb832

120reefkeeper

Reef keeping with Military Precision!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, the new unit will work with the old eb8.

The old apex classic will not work with the new eb832

Ok thanks. I guess everyone is still a little confused including myself lol. Unfortunately I bought the classic 2 months ago. :/

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thanks. I guess everyone is still a little confused including myself lol. Unfortunately I bought the classic 2 months ago. :/

I forget the date they go back to but they are offering a $100 credit to their online store for people who bought the classic prior to the sale.

jams77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's the very foundation of my country. I live in the USA and it was started when people voice their displeasure by tossing tea in water. I really can't even make heads or tails of what you are trying to say. I read it like 3 time. I had to read something else to make sure I wasn't having a stroke. After determining I wasn't I tried to read again with no such success. That what was making me feel as I wronged you. So sorry.
Like to add one thing before leaving this subforum. That I came here when I started looking for malice against a certain type of consumer. Does no one see that the sale was not promoted here or other (company insider) forums but the new product was announced here right away and sales of other products.

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They did nothing different than ecotech marine did a while back when they released the quiet drive pumps.

A company does not have to tell you why the item is on sale, when they announced that these were on sale the first thing that popped into my head was, "something new is coming soon."

This is especially true for items that are MAP priced, they never have any type of sale, when they do its usually because of something similar to this.

805reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like to add one thing before leaving this subforum. That I came here when I started looking for malice against a certain type of consumer. Does no one see that the sale was not promoted here or other (company insider) forums but the new product was announced here right away and sales of other products.

i wish you good fortune in the wars to come

eg8r210

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can understand the frustration to long term apex users but I dont necessarily support the complaints about a legacy product not being able to use the new features. I work for a large corporate group developing new products. Legacy items are easily supported indefinitely as they are usually very stable before a new platform rolls out. That being said don't expect major updates to a legacy system as companies dont typically have resources available to continue development. They may come back and update firmware if a multiple customer impacting bug is present or potentially as an annual update after tracking smaller issues throughout the year.

When a new platform comes out the technology,coding, and software to support the advanced features or new functions is to far gone from the original operating system for it to be applicable. This also allows a clean break from a function or software configuration that may have been creating underlying programming issues or preventing some functionality from being developed in the first place.

Hopefully this provides a little insight into what is probably going on behind the decision with the new Apex. This is a technology driven industry and if you disagree, look at what has happened in the last 5 years. If anything the apex was due for a major overhaul years ago.
Your right! But purpose of sale needs to be defined. If company A was going out of business and had a sale and said Black Friday in June without informing to their best of knowledge that that was not the case for said sale. Then a fraud has been committed to the bill of sale. There are instances that can not be foreseen that can cause a company to mislead in the sale of an item. When a box of fruit loop goes on a weekly sale at you local food store it has nothing to do with clearance of stock. When you buy meat that is on sale and the reason for the sale is because it's expiring soon, it's is always marked that way. Well it hasn't and people have seek judgements and won. Called my Attorney's Generals office today. They didn't say I was an idiot, didn't say I was a whinner, but people do love plastic. Now I have to start writing letters. If I had known of the clearance I would have not bought this companies controller. Stock was reduced to make way for new product. (Clearance)
No company needs to tell you why they are putting their product on sale. This is just something you would like but certainly not compulsory.

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 40.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 39 35.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back