OP
Big E

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi all, sorry for the late response............right now the display has turned into a large frag tank with racks and all, due to me having to off load corals from my actual frag tank. The frag tank was upgraded and I'm working to get the nutrients higher. On top of that I bought and traded for more corals with no place to put them.

Once I get things sorted out I'll post a FTS with a new layout. I have to cut down drastically on some of the larger corals as well. From there I'll try to document growth of the whole tank.

On the two part dosing, I use Randy's two part.

Anyways, for the time being here's a few new shots of corals--

Red Gecko has grown quite a bit--

Red%20Gecko_zpstf2i3uzn.jpg

Boy blue table--

blue%20table%20063016_zpsoyn8azal.jpg

CC Vampires in Drag & Pinkys

Pinky%20amp%20vamps_zpsw2dpgeg1.jpg

BC Skinny Love and Rocky Mtn. Red Devil Nasuta

skinny%20and%20red%20devil_zps0kgbgfxg.jpg

Purple & green based Malu in my frag tank

malu%20purple_zpsy6eewqsx.jpg

Orange Passion

orange%20passion%20side_zpsmggtwcdy.jpg

Last edited:

A.G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Simply beautifull!!

By the way is this milli still in ur tank ?

034eb8a3a0c69373cf94d39de4a6a45e.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very nice!

OP
OP
Big E

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
AG, I had 4-5 red millis that were similar back then so I sold/traded that one and a few others.

That red gecko granulosa is gorgeous!!

Thanks!

Very nice!

Thank You

All your corals look amazing! Any updates?

Thanks, here's a few new pictures-------

Poletti Yellow tip

Poletti%20Yellow%20tip_zpsrwu7n739.jpg

Wild Raspberry

Wild%20Rasberry_zpsck5zmdeh.jpg

BC Sky Doppel

Sky%20Doppel_zpszztpkxbq.jpg

BC Joker and Sunblaster Lepto

Joker%20and%20sunblaster_zpspiltlvk0.jpg

Boy blue grow out frags

Boy%20blue%20frags_zpshmkebing.jpg

Aussie Ice Fire

Aussie%20Ice%20Fire_zpssxadoz5v.jpg

Aussie Pink Floyd

Aussie%20Pink%20Floyd_zps9cizuadw.jpg

Smurfette Milli

smurfette%20%20100916_zpsfwcrhtpx.jpg

Pink Shortcake

Pink%20shortcake_zpse3l34rtp.jpg

Ultimates Purple Acro

Ultimate%20Purple_zps9d1lglib.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Beautiful man!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Amazing pics!!

BlackLabelCorals

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love it all Big E. simple setup and fantastic results.

First time trying your signature bulb combo and I'm excited to see the results. Hope things are doing well!

SPS Junky

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome photos! Your SPS are truly stunning. I was reading through some of the posts and came across one where someone inquired with you as to adding a Reefbrite XHO LED to an 8-lamp T5 fixture and the best distance above the water. I believe the T5 fixture was a Giesemann Matrix II. I have an 8-lamp Giesemann Matrix II over a 90G custom rimless that's 48 x 24 x 18 and to date my SPS (presently frags only--I don't do wild caught SPS at all) are all doing well. That said, I'd like to add a 48" Reefbrite strip for the additional color pop. Because of the depth of my tank, I don't believe the XHO is a good choice, and I'd appreciate it if you could provide your opinion on which of the other two Reefbrites, the Tech or the Lumi, would be the best option for the depth of my tank. Thanks so much for your anticipated response. I appreciate your taking the time.

OP
OP
Big E

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Your coral photos made me sigh...

Amazing pics!!

Love it all Big E. simple setup and fantastic results.

First time trying your signature bulb combo and I'm excited to see the results. Hope things are doing well!

My nose is bleeding!

Thanks everyone, I appreciate your comments. I apologize for not keeping up to date on this thread more often.

OP
OP
Big E

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesome photos! Your SPS are truly stunning. I was reading through some of the posts and came across one where someone inquired with you as to adding a Reefbrite XHO LED to an 8-lamp T5 fixture and the best distance above the water. I believe the T5 fixture was a Giesemann Matrix II. I have an 8-lamp Giesemann Matrix II over a 90G custom rimless that's 48 x 24 x 18 and to date my SPS (presently frags only--I don't do wild caught SPS at all) are all doing well. That said, I'd like to add a 48" Reefbrite strip for the additional color pop. Because of the depth of my tank, I don't believe the XHO is a good choice, and I'd appreciate it if you could provide your opinion on which of the other two Reefbrites, the Tech or the Lumi, would be the best option for the depth of my tank. Thanks so much for your anticipated response. I appreciate your taking the time.

I'm not a big fan of Reefbrite strips as the blue strip is just a narrow range. I'd prefer to use a strip that covers 400-470nm in a balanced way or slightly more 400-415nm.

If you want to use them I'd go with the XHO and have them hooked up to a dimmer........you need the control. The XHO seems to get the most satisfaction from users plus if you upgrade(larger or deeper tank), they can still work for you. I think they will have better re-sale value as well.

21 LED makes a mixed actinic strip and at a nicer price. I'm not sure on the 48" availability, but I'd call them and check on this.

I'm not a LED tech guy but I believe that there aren't a lot of mixed strips being sold due to the short term life of the violet LEDs. They blacken or just stop working over time. I think they also have to be driven at half the level of normal LEDs. It's why I don't jump into buying an actinic strip.

It may be easier to make a strip and when the violets fail you can just snap a new diode in.

SPS Junky

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good information. Thanks for taking the time to respond. I appreciate it. I'll contact 21 LED and see what they have or recommend and revisit the XHO's. I've always had great success with my SPS with T5's but I have to admit I love the color pop the LED's provide. Radions will likely be my next choice. Many thanks!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 42 82.4%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.9%
Back