Big Tank Big Problems

SWFL Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I had a seam go in a 200G today. I'm not going to say what brand because they treated me great! The tank was two years out of warranty and within one hour of my first call they said they are sending me a free complete replacement setup. Tank, Stand, Sump the works! While I wait, I have tons of coral, fish, inverts, and lots of rock jammed into a 20g frag tank and a 10g frag tank, plus garbage cans, coral on top of coral on top of coral. I'm going to setup my current 40g sump as another tank tomorrow to make more space. My question is would you go with a HOB filter or a Canister to handle a heavy bio load temporally? Thanks for the input.

Xxflounderxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could use a rubbermaid 100 gallon stock bin and just place everything in there with your skimmer heater ex....

Thetankdoctor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use a canister filter for the short term. It will handle the bioload and if it's not too long won't turn into a nitrate factory.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
So, I had a seam go in a 200G today. I'm not going to say what brand because they treated me great! The tank was two years out of warranty and within one hour of my first call they said they are sending me a free complete replacement setup. Tank, Stand, Sump the works! While I wait, I have tons of coral, fish, inverts, and lots of rock jammed into a 20g frag tank and a 10g frag tank, plus garbage cans, coral on top of coral on top of coral. I'm going to setup my current 40g sump as another tank tomorrow to make more space. My question is would you go with a HOB filter or a Canister to handle a heavy bio load temporally? Thanks for the input.
Yes you can and if you choose to repair the tank yourself, I can send easy instructions.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will you PM me the brand of the tank?? Thats some great customer service and Im looking around for a bigger one! Would love to check them out! Im sorry about your tank, hopefully it comes soon so your fish and corals can get back in their home!

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
So we don't say the brand of tank failed because they provided a replacement?

Let the users decide if they want a failing tank because the company stands behind their product or perhaps choose a manufacturer who has less issues and there is no need to deal with them.

Either way, hoping your replacement doesn't suffer the same fate.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would buy a stock tank or two and move all coral and rock to them along with fish and you won't really need mechanical filtration assuming the tank leaking was cycled and running. Heater and powerheads for flow and some temporary lighting for coral. Set up the new tank, move everything in from the stock tank and done.
I have the 50 gallon and 100 Gal. Both have the same footprint but the 100g is taller. The 50g is perfect IMO unless you just want more water volume.
Screenshot_20240112_110346_Tractor Supply.jpg

CBonito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would buy a stock tank or two and move all coral and rock to them along with fish and you won't really need mechanical filtration assuming the tank leaking was cycled and running. Heater and powerheads for flow and some temporary lighting for coral. Set up the new tank, move everything in from the stock tank and done.
I have the 50 gallon and 100 Gal. Both have the same footprint but the 100g is taller. The 50g is perfect IMO unless you just want more water volume.
Screenshot_20240112_110346_Tractor Supply.jpg
I have one of the bigguns from Tractor Supply. Once my garage is redone and heated, it's going in there.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Providing a full replacement on a tank 2 years out of warranty is something that should be shared and commended not hidden. It's a sign of great customer service!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.5%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 84 79.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.7%
Back