Big tank equipment question

mnat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 9, 2010
Messages
1,288
Reaction score
87
Location
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is anyone using an mp60 and how have you liked it?

What heaters are you guys using?
 
Sorry my elos 160xl. The display is roughly 200 g. And the total system about 400 g
 
mp60 would be a little overkill id go with a mp40 as far as heaters i use 3 300w heaters on my 230g
 
mp60 would be a little overkill id go with a mp40 as far as heaters i use 3 300w heaters on my 230g

I have 2 mp 40's on an 8 foot long tank(210 gallon). And while it provides decent flow i wish i had gone with mp60's.

with that being said i think that really comes down to A. your budget, B. what kind of livestock you plan to keep. If you got the cash buy an Mp60 and be done with it, you can always turn it down some, but you can out get so much flow out of a mp40.
 
I run a mp-60& mp-40 on my 5',185 and love em! Thinking of adding one more 40
 
Thanks guys. I do have room in the budget for the 60. A local reefer showed me his and complained of the noise. This tank is in my living room so I am tryin to keep noise down to a minimum. I think having one lower head would keep the tank very clean looking.
 
Thanks guys. I do have room in the budget for the 60. A local reefer showed me his and complained of the noise. This tank is in my living room so I am tryin to keep noise down to a minimum. I think having one lower head would keep the tank very clean looking.

My mp40 is a bit noisy, but only when I run it at full throttle. That's one reason I wish I had gotten mp60's, that way I could run them at 50%


Typed on the go using an iPhone via Tapatalk- forgive any typos
 
im running 2 mp60s on a 6ft tank at half speed and love the flow i get out of them. The noise is not an issue with me as I have the luxury of having a fish room.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 21.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 29.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 7 7.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new