Big toadstool fragging

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm contemplating fragging my toadstool, it's 18" across and has been trying to self frag for months, but has not been successful. All it has done is make holes in itself.

I would like to know what and how to do it? I've watched the video from @Tidal Gardens and others on YouTube.
I would like to know if there is anything else I should know before proceeding?
IMG_20210124_141000.jpg
IMG_20201208_213945.jpg

OP
OP
Sleeping Giant

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do I just place it in a bucket of tank water, remove, cut and place in clean tank water? I don't have coral revive, but I do have coral Rx, would I use this? Or is clean tank water good enough, before returning frags to the DT?

OP
OP
Sleeping Giant

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve cut them in tank with no issues. You are probably safer to remove and rinse with tank water and add pieces to ruble rock to attach to
I don't feel comfortable with cutting in the tank, the slime it releases would be astronomical I think.

uhgster1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before you cut, please make sure you know where you’re going to put them or coordinate with someone to come get the frags. I got so excited to frag mine that when I finally did I realized that I didn’t have enough room for the frags. And you’re either going to get a lot of small frags or some really big ones.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 16.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 42.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back