Big upgrade

  • Thread starter Thread starter mraysberg
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mraysberg

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 9, 2019
Messages
522
Reaction score
167
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As title states I’m trying to upgrade now from my fluval 13.5 to something substantially bigger. Can’t decide if I want to go something with a sump or AIO. Currently I have an AIO so that’s all I know. For a larger tank let’s say something on the lines of 50-100 gallons would it be more beneficial to have a sump over an AIO chamber?
 
Sump if you have a choice. Place to hide equipment, have a fuge and a chamber for a nice skimmer if you choose to run one. Also increases water volume that can be helpful
I want to be able to hold at least one tang if possible or angels. Only issue for sump wi the me is they are more expensive than AIO tanks
 
for the price of an AIO I seen for a 50 gallon is 1000 compared to a 70 gallon sump tank is like double
 
I want to be able to hold at least one tang if possible or angels. Only issue for sump wi the me is they are more expensive than AIO tanks
If you're wanting to keep angels and tangs long term I recommend a bigger tank than 50-100 I would say in the ranges of 120-150 and thats only for a few of each fish. I also would go for sump if possible.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new