Bigger is Better, My 180

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 27, 2017
Messages
4,233
Reaction score
12,495
Location
ARIZONA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Over a half a century in the hobby from freshwater in the 60s, 70s and 80s to saltwater and reefing in the 90s, 2000s, 2010s and today. Looking back to when I was excited to get a 10 gallon tank for Christmas. Fast forward to the last 5 years when I had a 120 gallon, a 137 gallon and now the 180 gallon. I’ve heard it called “ the biggest small tank “ or was that the smallest big tank? Either way I’m really enjoying it. I have the aquascape just how I want it. Many new sps corals. A designated pedestal rock for Ricordea Floridas. 2 large Gorgonians that I’ve had for years. And so on. So my 137 gallon was quickly being overgrown by my Blue Oregon Tort, my Monti Caps my Gorgonians and other beautiful and colorful corals. Now it’s like starting over as I sold many of the larger colonies and have begun over the past 3 or 4 months to purchase small frags. Orange Digitata, Hawkins Echinata, a solid Blue Acro and more. It’s so nice to have this much real estate again. Having a new tank a 180 gallon new tank is really keeping my interest in the hobby at 100%. Any similar stories out there?
0492E1C8-A9BE-4769-AE39-BC71818B24DF.jpeg
30D5F63F-AC65-4333-B71F-6937F6F8A4E2.jpeg
9C3EB9BA-8EB3-426E-80F9-8EF1958983D9.jpeg
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 36.8%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 15.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new