Bimac anthias infection

nemotang2019

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 8, 2019
Messages
124
Reaction score
48
What state or country do you live in
Nevada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw this lesion on the dorsal fin area…attached is a quick video. how do I treat him? It’s gonna be hard to capture him to begin with… thanks.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9708.mov
    14 MB
I saw this lesion on the dorsal fin area…attached is a quick video. how do I treat him? It’s gonna be hard to capture him to begin with… thanks.

I've seen those gray colored erosive lesions before - when I sampled the material and l looked at it under a microscope, it ended up being a rare true fungal infection (those are a LOT more common in FW fish).

I've cured it with daily 75 ppm formalin dips for 1 hour at a time with good aeration. Trouble is, formalin really isn't safe to use in a home (it sends out formaldehyde gas) plus you'd need to capture the fish daily for 3 to 5 days.

I don't think there is a reef-safe option that can be applied to the water in the tank it is currently in.
 
ahh okay. So sad. Thank you so much.
 
ahh okay. So sad. Thank you so much.

You could try Ruby Reef Rally Pro. It has some of the basic effects of formalin, but it may not be strong enough for this……
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 32.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new