Bio load/ I just want to check to make sure I’m good this time.

Alexx17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been on this forum for awhile. Mainly for to ask questions about reefing b/c I didn’t have a clue and over the course of 10 months, I have learned a lot about this hobby and I like it. Around Oct 21, 2017 I setup a biocube 32 led.(all stock) I wanted 4 clownfish in my tank and some other tiny fish. I was Very impatient and used a quick start so I could add the fish and CUC.(Bad move, I know) After, my Dino’s I got really bad gha and I did many thing to rid it from my tank and nothing was working, so I gave up for around 2-3 months and only fed the fish.(at this point all Cuc was dead and this happen before I quit, couldn’t figure out why this happened either). However, I’m back and fighting the gha. I have 3 clownfish and a Blenny(don’t really want “got for algae”). I have 2 zombie snails, 2 turbo, 2 bee snails, 2 Margarita snails( margaritas haven’t been moving, so I assume not good), and 2 red leg hermits and one blue leg hermit. I have the stock bio cube filter cartridges, chempure elite and purgen and then marine bio balls( yes, people say nitrate factory, but lfs said it would be great with the amount of surface area “could handle huge bioloads”). I have liverock and sand probably 1.5 inches. I have stock return pump and eco tech mp10 QD, heater(plunged into inkbird controller), and biocube protein skimmer(on 24/7). When I first started I did 5 gallon water change every 2 weeks(I have about 25 gallon water volume). NOW, I’m doing 5 gallon water change every week(I use Red Sea coral pro salt). I also dos NoPoX and top off daily. Does it sound like I’m on a road to rid my tank of gha and bubble aglae? Also does it sound like I’m on a road to have shrimp and coral without them dieing?(I have lost $120 in shrimp and $250 in coral when I gave up) any questions please ask. And please give opinions, but try to be kind.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back