my new baby... AKA The Café

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Screenshot_20240503_112257_Gallery.jpg
Yeah, but yours don't count - fairy dust and paint thinner and all that stuff you add to your tank.

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are many slight differences between the 2. Doesn't matter unless you like the finer detail.

Forest fire will have green skin, blueish skin on new growth. Orange/red polyps

Bubblegum = green/yellow skin new growth, pink/red polyps, blue/purple skin where There's no growth.

And for those who really love fine detail. Macro lens + mirrorless digital camera and pick an acropora to focus in on. It gets crazy....

Tl:dr

Good morning.
I want a mirrorless camera- someone should buy me one

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are many slight differences between the 2. Doesn't matter unless you like the finer detail.

Forest fire will have green skin, blueish skin on new growth. Orange/red polyps

Bubblegum = green/yellow skin new growth, pink/red polyps, blue/purple skin where There's no growth.

And for those who really love fine detail. Macro lens + mirrorless digital camera and pick an acropora to focus in on. It gets crazy....

Tl:dr

Good morning.
Appreciate you pointing out the subtle differences as they do make a difference on this type of coral. I am hoping for more pinkish than red. Will be interesting to see difference is any between WWC and TSA. There is another large LFS that TSA said i should check out - Living Reef. If I can squeeze it in I’ll def go.

This is a once in a lifetime trip for me to see this lvl and caliber of LFS and the mature corals and fish.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Appreciate you pointing out the subtle differences as they do make a difference on this type of coral. I am hoping for more pinkish than red. Will be interesting to see difference is any between WWC and TSA. There is another large LFS that TSA said i should check out - Living Reef. If I can squeeze it in I’ll def go.

This is a once in a lifetime trip for me to see this lvl and caliber of LFS and the mature corals and fish.
Bubblegum for sure. The polyps are more of a pinkish red, and like she mentioned, the flesh is a purplish blue

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The colors on this fish are so cool!!
Her attitude is an issue now...
I know better and do worse..
20240503_112310.jpg
What is it? Sorta looks like a young chocolate. But I’m obsessed with them and see them everywhere- lol!

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couple of years or so...it grows fast. That's been cut a bunch of times at that point
Ohh. Good to know. Might have to learn how to cut corals and hope my LFS likes a lot of digi frags - lol.

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
digis, you can just pull a branch off of. They really don't care.
Funny you say that, I literally just watched this - Josh was hilarious and Ryan had a hard time keeping it a learning video. The Cafe will rif on his getting kicked in the kidneys example!

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 36 19.3%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 139 74.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.8%
Back