BIO Pellet Reactor & Sulfer Denitrator?

powderblue14

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 18, 2012
Messages
67
Reaction score
69
Location
St. Louis, Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently running a bio pellet reactor and am having difficulties getting my nitrates below 25. Every week I am doing a water change on my system of 10-15% (40-50 gallons) but still can not get my nitrates down. I have a sulfur denitrator that I used on my old 150 gl system and it did a good job. I was wondering if I can run my bio pellet reactor and Sulfer denitrator together. My lps aren't bothered by my nitrates but my sps frags aren't the happiest. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
 
test your freshwater mix, and may be try another test kit to confirm. The reactor needs to take at least 30 days to take affect and you have to have some phosphate in the tank
 
I bought a new salifert test kit and it is giving me the same readings. I use reef crystals as my salt and tested my fresh mix and its nitrates were 5. My biopellets have been running with the new tropic Marin pellets for 6 weeks now. Not sure if maybe I need to add more or not. My Hanna phosphate reader says my phosphates are 0 but i don't believe it. I do run 2 little fish 550 reactors with phosban.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 12.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new