• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Biocube 32 cooling issue solved! - 3D printed.

OP
OP
biofish

biofish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first fan lasted 1.5 years.. it was still working when i replaced it, however it was a bit louder. I blow fresh air in, and use brass screws so there is no corrosion there.
Evaporation IS where the cooling is from... so more evaporation= more cooling. If evaporation is too much for you, you can always get a top off pump and connect it to a jug of RODI water. That's what I do.

OP
OP
biofish

biofish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes if you install it as instructed. Very very important to install with the wording up.
YES. you must install with the wording UP, also it helps to look at the bracket and make sure the "Lip" is resting on the bottom of the hood's access hole. This is why i designed it that way, so that the hood could be opened without issue.

Kiboshed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first fan lasted 1.5 years.. it was still working when i replaced it, however it was a bit louder. I blow fresh air in, and use brass screws so there is no corrosion there.
Evaporation IS where the cooling is from... so more evaporation= more cooling. If evaporation is too much for you, you can always get a top off pump and connect it to a jug of RODI water. That's what I do.
It's not really bad, but noticable. Since we are on the topic do you have an ATO that you like to use with the Biocube?

OP
OP
biofish

biofish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not really bad, but noticable. Since we are on the topic do you have an ATO that you like to use with the Biocube?
I have a JBJ Nano ATO. I put it in the left compartment (the return pump) of my Biocube 32

Kiboshed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a JBJ Nano ATO. I put it in the left compartment (the return pump) of my Biocube 32

That actually works perfect since I want to put a skimmer in the second chamber next to my Intank basket. Fills up all of my back chamber slots efficiently.

Thanks!

Tazman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sound Logic. Looking forward to seeing your results. I am developing a design where you can "clip in" the fan rather than using screws. I noticed my screws started rusting due to the salt content in the tank.
Hi biofish,
How’s the new design going ? I would think screwed in would make less noise and plastic dipping the screws would help with the corrosions. Anyway I don’t have a 3D printer and would like to ask if you could make me one. I’ll pay for it. I also have a Biocube 32

chad.wick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Biocubes are known for their lack of cooling with a hood on. I have solved this by creating a bracket to hold a computer fan in one of the cable ports. It is available on Thingiverse for those of you who have a 3d Printer. Snaps right into place. - Hooked into my Inkbird controller and I never had to worry about overheating again. Just had to re-route all my cables to the other port.

3d File: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4708739
Fan: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CNJ4DYX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If anyone has any questions, let me know.

image_67202817.JPG
image_67116033.JPG
image_67112705.JPG
image_67165441.JPG
Question, I purchased both the same fan and clip. However, I'm unable to screw the fan to the clip since the screws are so short. May I ask how you did it? I was going to get new longer screws but want to make sure I'm missing something. Thank you!

Kiboshed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question, I purchased both the same fan and clip. However, I'm unable to screw the fan to the clip since the screws are so short. May I ask how you did it? I was going to get new longer screws but want to make sure I'm missing something. Thank you!
Thingverse instructions list 20mm screws. Very important to read the instructions. In my case several times lol

Mmillz81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will this bracket fit a 16 gallon bio cube? Does anyone sell them for those of us without a 3d printer?

BryanLZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought the fan and 3D printed bracket.....installs easily and works great! Thanks @biofish

My next task is perfecting my feeding on the Biocube 32. Would you be willing to design a basket that slides down into the opening in the front of the hood for frozen food?

OP
OP
biofish

biofish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought the fan and 3D printed bracket.....installs easily and works great! Thanks @biofish

My next task is perfecting my feeding on the Biocube 32. Would you be willing to design a basket that slides down into the opening in the front of the hood for frozen food?
I don't have one specifically for frozen food. But i did design the below one to fit the biocube..

BryanLZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have one specifically for frozen food. But i did design the below one to fit the biocube..

That looks nice, however, I need something that works for frozen food.

Would be happy to pay you for your time if you want a new challenge/project.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back