BioCube 32 Internal Leak

Cosmicblue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. I have a new BioCube 32 and did an initial leak test with only a few gallons of water poured into the main aquarium section. The water level was below the level of the bottom intake (Chamber 1), so there shouldn't have been any water in the rear chambers. However, I noticed that Chamber 3 (water pump chamber) was slowly filling up with water. The leak was coming from the main aquarium section through the bottom and into this chamber. There is an area at the bottom left corner where the silicone application is shoddy and not watertight.

How much would this leak affect the mechanical/chemical filtration of the unit?

For now, the leak seems slow and less than the rate of the return pump sending water back into the aquarium section.

TIA

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's hard to say. Since it's a new tank, though - I'd return it for a refund and/or exchange. You don't know what other quality control issues could surface.

poppafish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. I have a new BioCube 32 and did an initial leak test with only a few gallons of water poured into the main aquarium section. The water level was below the level of the bottom intake (Chamber 1), so there shouldn't have been any water in the rear chambers. However, I noticed that Chamber 3 (water pump chamber) was slowly filling up with water. The leak was coming from the main aquarium section through the bottom and into this chamber. There is an area at the bottom left corner where the silicone application is shoddy and not watertight.

How much would this leak affect the mechanical/chemical filtration of the unit?

For now, the leak seems slow and less than the rate of the return pump sending water back into the aquarium section.

TIA
What did you decide to do about this issue?

MikeCHI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a biocube 32 and it had a defective hood. Customer service was so helpful, quick and polite that I was taken back enough to leave a 5 star review for a broken product. Got the new hood and it was great. Fantastic company..... (or maybe just melissa in customer service)

Back